Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I'm a mormon

This has sort of been bothering me for awhile, the bishop in my ward is always saying that we need to be good examples and not doing anything that might be a "stumbling block" to those who are weak, who might see us doing bad things and not want to come to church because our actions are contrary to our beliefs, and he has been emphasizing how we need to reach out to and befriend those who are struggling, alone, etc.  While that is all true and good and something everyone should do regardless of their religious beliefs, I still find myself bothered.  As someone who has never really had friends I could truly count on when things got tough, never really had someone who would encourage me to keep going (to church and whatnot) I had to rely on myself.  If I only went to church because of friends or people who reached out to me and made me feel welcome, and nobody ever did anything wrong, then I would absolutely never go to church again.  No that may help some people, but that's not what keeps me going or has ever encouraged me to, simply because I have never experienced any of those things, but my own salvation and happiness is too important to me to let it fall into the hands of another careless person.  I keep going and fighting because I know it is true and always will.  Despite everything else, despite the imperfections and lack of decency on the parts of others, I keep going and always will because it is what I know and believe to be true.  I know that God is my Loving Heavenly Father, and that Jesus Christ is my Savior.  People will always be imperfect and make mistakes, but the one thing I know I can always rely on is the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails