Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Nothing's gonna change my world

Here's to the late nights sitting on the steps, inhaling the cool canyon breezes, discussing everything until emotions well up inside, while piles of laundry still taunt me in the distance.

I guess we don't always get what we want, but I'm realizing we do get what we need. He keeps telling me to just get over it and I really do wish it were that easy. I'm fairly certain everyone walking past thinks we are in a relationship and in the process of an emotional break up. The two of us sitting as far apart on the steps as possible; me crying, yet I still say hello to all who pass by. The thunder was oddly soothing and I would have been content had this night never ended.
Where I might be lacking certain things, I am content with myself, I know I am on my way to being who I need to be. It's that much more satisfying looking back at everything I have overcome to get here. I seem to have forgotten how to live in the moment as of late; however, on this night I am overwhelmed with a sense of calm, a sense of healing, a sense of peace. So this is what a real friendship feels like. I rather like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails