latest gem from my dad: "I don't get why you're so upset, I apologized to you I'M NOT EVEN SORRY FOR WHAT I SAID I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings, I knew it would hurt when I said it"
me: "it just reminded me of when I was little and you would always say things like that and it hurt my feelings"
him: "we NEVER said anything negative or critical of you when you were little we only built you up"
HA. ha. hA. Ha. HA! no never... I never (every day for those who don't get sarcasm) hid under my bed as a child crying because of all the "stupid" things I did that weren't good enough for him.
that was my queue to leave.
I'm sorry I'm not sorry. Contradiction King. If you ever want to learn how to go insane in the least amount of time possible with the most damage, just follow him around for a day and try to make him proud.
When am I going to break this cycle?
I don't know when I will finally learn that I need to stop trusting him.
"...drunk and grumbling on about how I can't sing...but all you are is mean. and a liar and pathetic and alone in life and mean. " -Taylor Swift "Mean"
I have never related more perfectly to a song than this. It's unreal.
No comments:
Post a Comment