Yesterday and today I took for myself. Yep I’m selfish. I didn’t do homework. I caught up on laundry, semi-organized my room. washed my sheets, pillowcases etc. Attempted to catch up on tv shows…yes it’s that important. I’m kind of ridiculous sometimes…I hate that when I start something I can’t just do it in bouts, I usually have to work at it and finish it in one go. Exhibit A (I will post a pic later) … I decided I wanted another earflap peruvian hat or whatever they are called so after starting/undoing/restarting a few times I finally figured out how I wanted it to look (making up your own pattern is hard) and I may have stayed up until 6 a.m. crocheting and watching weeds/community/just friends/failure to launch…but the finished product was worth it.
In the morning when my friend Gustavo texted me asking if I wanted to hang out later that night I vaguely remember responding and at the time it made total sense to me and I didn’t think anything of it, but later I realized I was asleep and when I read it again to my roommate, we laughed so hard we cried and we woke up another roommate who was wondering what we were crying about. Here is what I said:
“Yeah I think we are Gustavo in joining the hat”
what the crap? ? ? I still keep laughing about it. Obviously my hat that I spent all night working on was still on the brain… but no makey sensey!
Gustavo is the best friend anyone could ask for. He is the most perceptive person I have probably ever known. We had a good serious talk while waiting for our take-out at chili’s after he took me to get some yarn and other crafting necessities. (checker at michael’s: “wow you must really like vanna white yarn…” me:” yeah…well it was cheap”) Oh and what is the deal with creepy old men lately? last night at Taco Tuesday some guy was staring at me and then when Matt gave me a hug because I was cold, the guy says, “you look comfy…and tired” …thanks? And then the guy at Wal-Mart, “oh so you decided not to get hot chocolate after all?” Good to know somebody was keeping tabs on my seasonal food buying…
Gustavo said the first thing he thought when he met me in the beginning of the summer was whoa here’s a girl who has experienced more life than someone in their thirties but she looks fourteen! hahaha. Ah I love life!
When we walked in the door a woman from the stake relief society was there as well as my friend kelsie who is in the ward relief society. The woman from the stake spoke in stake conference and gave the most amazing talk. I want to be just as in tune with the spirit as she is. I can’t even describe it but being in the room with her was incredible. She is the type of lady I aspire to be.
We ate our molten lava cakes while watching So I Married an Axe Murderer. I accidentally happened to turn the volume up at the exact moment Mike Meyers said the F word. ah comedic timing.
Tomorrow I’m really going to do my homework.
No comments:
Post a Comment