Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I picture you out there...it must be beautiful


So I’m a mentor in a program for at risk youth and it just breaks my heart sometimes.  It’s such an amazing experience though, but after tonight I fear for my future children.  Just kidding.  But once the girl I mentor made friends with another girl they kept running away from me and the other girl’s mentor.  We both stood there (while they kept taunting us and darting off) talking about our loves and losses and how we are going to be terrible mothers.  Well I’m not going to be a terrible mother, not if I can help it.  I hope in some way I can positively influence this girl’s life and help it be a little better.  When she came out of her house crying I wanted to cry with her, I felt like I was rescuing her in a way, and when it was time to take her home again I felt a little sad.
I brought all of my winter stuff up from my parents’ house.  Not sure if I am ready for that.  So far this has been a great October though.  I can feel it’s only going to get better.  Crossing my fingers anyway.  Perception and Psychophysics is still kicking my butt.  Oh well.  I want blonde hair again…yeah I’m fickle, but only in that aspect now…

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails