I'm really tired. Partly it's my fault for staying up so late thinking I could watch a scary movie and be okay. No though, it's never okay. And then there are the neighbor kids who scream incessantly. I think they are the sole reason my dreams have taken a particularly violent turn in the mornings. Well probably in addition to my pent up frustration about the goobers I "date," yes, more dating dilemmas in Amanda's life, please tell us more?
How about this guy that I was a bit (that being a gross understatement) giddy about but due to somewhat recent events, namely his reactions to my requests of wanting him to date me, things have since been deemed as over according to myself. I'll be honest, I still find him very attractive, and quite immaturely I am sure, get annoyed when he IMs me at work. Either date me or don't talk to me. Come on! (read in Gob's voice from Arrested Development and if you don't know what that is, don't talk to me) Anyway, on Saturday I was really having one of those days and I couldn't wait to get off work and drive to Provo and eat some Korean food and hang out with my friend. First of all, I felt like I was in Korea again, it made me very nostalgic. Second of all, we saw the Joker pacing in front of an abandoned building. It was terrifying. Then we decided to go to "the great and spacious building" to check out this huge halloween party. I follow my friend into the crowd and hear my name repeatedly, look over, and who do I see?
Just guess
Joaquin Phoenix.
No really.
And he knew my name. Get out of town!
I'm just kidding.
It wasn't really Joaquin Phoenix. But that is the name I am going to give him. This guy I just "dated" the aforementioned ... dude...
I was just thinking, 'of all places, really? I end up next to Joaquin in this crowd of hundreds of people...'
*eye roll*
I know I am mature. On the outside though I played it cool.
So there's that.
Update: somehow I ended up dating him again at a future point. It went better this time, except way worse. He was more open and then got mad at me for not "opening up enough" to him. Later conversations would reveal that he meant intimately, physically. I am not really sure if he realized how euphemistic and possibly Freudian he was being when he said that. Also, I almost ended up being roommates with his aunt by pure happenstance, and his new nickname is Condom Couch. I think that about sums it up.
No comments:
Post a Comment